https://www.indeed.com/career-advice/finding-a-job/job-cast-age-discrimination-in-hiring – Download the presentation and see additional resources
https://indeed.com/jobcast – Register for upcoming Job Casts
The mature workforce is expected to make up a quarter of employed U.S. adults by 2026*, yet 76% of older workers see age discrimination as a hurdle to finding a new job**.
When applying for jobs, you may unfortunately experience prejudice and discrimination if you are older than other candidates. This may be unconscious bias, like assumptions that you are overqualified or too expensive to hire, or it could be more blatant, like job postings that state a role is best for new graduates.
In this virtual workshop, you’ll learn steps you can take to help overcome ageism you may face when looking for work.
– Signs of potential ageism in the hiring process
– Resume tips for mature candidates
– How to avoid potential age bias in your interview
Here are the links posted “in the chat” for further learning:
– How to Use the Work Happiness Score on Indeed Company Pages https://go.indeed.com/E69D8Z
– Guide to Modern Resume Design for Older Job Seekers (With Example Resume) https://go.indeed.com/RNNR33
– Professional resume templates https://go.indeed.com/4G2ZWC
– Strategies To Beat the Applicant Tracking System and Land the Interview https://go.indeed.com/4CTH2D
– Should You Make a Career Change at 50? Tips on How to Do It Successfully https://go.indeed.com/ACMD7W
– Job Cast: Hired From Home https://go.indeed.com/29ATWD
– How To Use the STAR Interview Response Technique https://go.indeed.com/EPTK8R
Indeed is the world’s #1 job site***, with over 250 million unique visitors**** every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
The information in this video is provided as a courtesy. Indeed is not a legal advisor and does not guarantee job interviews or offers.
*America’s Aging Workforce: Opportunities and Challenges. Special Committee on Aging, United States Senate, December 2017
**Perron, Rebecca. The Value of Experience: AARP Multicultural Work and Jobs Study. Washington, DC: AARP Research, July 2018, n=1,425
***Comscore, Total Visits, September 2021
****Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, February 2020