Jumpstart your job search with these tips: https://go.indeed.com/how-to-use-indeed
Check out our Job Search Guide: https://go.indeed.com/essential-job-search-guide
When you’re searching for jobs online, it can be hard to narrow in on the right role. However, there are some small steps you can take to find your ideal job faster. In this video, we explain how to narrow your search based on keywords, location, salary and company so that you can spend less time searching and more time applying. Remember, the smallest moves are sometimes the smartest.
Try these five easy tips for a better job search strategy:
1. Search for a specific job title in quotation marks: “[job title]”.
2. Specify a company by typing “company: [name of company]. Learn more about how to research a company: https://go.indeed.com/how-to-research-a-company
3. Refine your search by excluding terms you don’t want in your search results: type “-[word to exclude].
4. Use the Advanced Job Search tool to narrow search results by ideal salary, distance from home and what type of job you’re looking for.
5. Save your search and set up Job Alerts. You’ll be the first to know about new job postings and your application is more likely to be seen by an employer if you apply right after the job is posted. Learn how to set up a Job Alert: https://go.indeed.com/how-to-create-job-alert
Watch more episodes of Smart & Small: https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_bZi-34IFxs&list=PL6qIzGkkiXFFGIZ09uOBn4JAGYdooXxfP
Search for your next job: https://www.indeed.com/
Indeed is the world’s #1 job site, with over 250 million unique visitors* every month from over 60 different countries. We provide free access to search and apply for jobs, post your resume, research companies, and compare salaries. Every day, we connect millions of people to new opportunities. On our YouTube channel, you’ll find tips and personal stories to help you take the next step in your job search.
*Google Analytics, Unique Visitors, September 2018
**Terms, conditions and quality standards apply.